A Wonderful Summer Afternoon

http://www.rubyslippersblogdesigns.com/2014/07/show-tell-linky.html

Today I'm linking up with Barb over at Ruby Slippers for Show & Tell Tuesday where you can share whatever you would like to. I love that! Show and tell was so much fun when I was in school. Next year I'm going to make a point of leaving time for it again. My kiddos need that public speaking experience so much. This morning I intended to share my newest activity pack about the soft & hard sounds of G. But I had such a wonderful summer afternoon that I decided to share that instead and save the activity pack for later.

One of my very favorite summer activities is going to farmer's market on Wednesday afternoon. It's about a 15 mile drive inland to wine country but it's a beautiful drive, I love the fresh veggies, there's a small independent book store I love, and my favorite deli where I bought myself a sandwich and mango iced tea for lunch. Today I stopped along the way coming home and took some pictures to share with you.

I've been buying peaches at this stand for about 13 years, since way back when my husband worked at that winery.
Fred's peaches are the best! They're a staple of my summer breakfasts!

The beautiful drive is a large part of why these afternoons are so fun. It's was a relaxing drive with the Eagles playing on my stereo. Here are some photos of the tree-lined road through horse farms and some of the vineyard covered hills along the way. I figured it was finally time to stop and take some pictures.
















I'm looking forward to eating these too! I actually had an apricot already- YUM!
Just click on the show & tell image above to share your show & tell.

Thanks for sharing my afternoon with me!



1 comment

  1. Oh wow, I'm so envious:) What a perfect way to spend the day. I LOVE fresh apricots!
    We spent the whole ENTIRE day cleaning and putting our kitchen away. We're just finishing a complete kitchen reno, which of course is great, too, but I'm pooped from putting away and cleaning:)
    Thanks for linking up and sharing. Those are great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top